If you are here then I am assuming you might be aware of the term ‘heat gun’. For our DIY specialists, a heat gun is one of the favourite accessories. For those of you who do not know, a heat gun is a tool used for emitting a stream of hot air that can be used for heating and bending plastics, removing paint and wallpaper, and softening glue and adhesive. To help you all today, we bring to you the 6 Best Heat Gun For Crafting.
Heat guns are a very helpful tool for many people who are into modifying their homes by themselves and also for workers who would do it for you. Just like any other crucial tool, heat guns too make a huge difference as they directly interact with the object in consideration. If you want the proper finishing of your project with good durability then a heat gun is a must.
Heat guns can make the task of attaching and sticking different objects very easily without much effort to be put in. They also make the process and the look very seamless. With a heat gun, you can also remove wallpaper and paint. Such a diverse tool can be very helpful and so here we are sharing with you the 6 best heat guns.
Things to consider while buying best heat gun for crafting
Given below are the things one needs to consider while buying the best heat gun for crafting. Make sure that you are taking into consideration the below points while buying a heat gun for crafting.
With a heat gun, the most crucial part to keep note of is the temperature of your heat gun. You should go ahead with a heat gun having temperature control from 200℃ to 500℃. So go for the one meeting your temperature needs.
A heat gun should be of multi-purpose use and offer a diverse range of performance. It should be suitable for different types of projects including DIY projects to professional work.
Generally, a professional heat gun will come with multiple accessories that make it easier and better to use the heat gun. Such accessories involve – an extension pipe, nozzle and a lot more.
Brand: Wagner Spraytech
Weight: 14.9 ounces
Dimensions: 11.5 x 4.75 x 2.55 inches
Brand: Chandler Tool
Weight: 13.1 ounces
Dimensions: 8.86 x 2.09 x 2.28 inches
Brand: Homidic US
Weight: 11.6 ounces
Dimensions: 10.83 x 3.31 x 2.13 inches
6 Best Heat Gun For Crafting
Given below are the 6 best heat guns for crafting that you can rely on. Make sure that you go through the detailed review of all of these tools so that you can make the best choice according to your needs.
The first one on our list of the best heat guns for crafting is the Wagner Spraytech 0503008 HT1000 Heat Gun which comes with 2 Temp Settings of 750ᵒF and 1000ᵒF.
This crafting gun is ideal for Caulking, Bend Plastic Pipes, Adhesive, Putty Removal, Soften paint, Loosen Rusted Nuts or Bolts, Shrink Wrap, and so on. Thus offering you a lot of diversity in use.
This crafting come comes with a lot of amazing features some of which are described below –
- Easy to use and Safe – This heat gun is famous for not just any reason. Wagner has been serving its customers for more than 50 years now. The company is well known for its safety products. Especially with tools like a heat gun, safety is a big concern and Wagner is here to take care of that. Also, the Wagner heat gun is easy to use and very safe.
- Dual Temperature Heat guns – This gun comes with two temperature settings of 750ᵒF and 1000ᵒF temperature. This offers much flexibility to the user to undertake different types of tasks.
- Heat gun adjustable settings – One can use this heat gun with the two fan speeds option that offers extra control for customization according to the needs of your project. This heat gun also comes with a corrosion-resistant nozzle that can last longer and it also has an integrated hanging hook that can easily be stored on a workbench or wall.
- Ideal for DIYs and Household projects – This heat gun is ideal for a number of tasks like adhesive, caulking, putty for removal, softening paint, electrical wire shrinking, loosening rusted nuts, or bolts, shrinking wrap, bending plastic pipes, and so on.
- Great results – This heat gun is known to heat up very quickly, saving a lot of your time and is narrow and the condensed heat generation will give precise results on the use.
- Comes with dual temperature settings.
- Ideal for multiple uses.
- Easy and safe to use.
- Offers a hands-free operation.
- Comes with a durable corrosion-resistant nozzle.
- Comes with an integrated hanging hook.
- This heat gun might not offer the heat that you expect from it.
- It might not be ideal for long term use.
Homidic Mini Handheld Hot Air Gun is an Electric 300W Portable Heat Gun with a length of 6.56FT Long. This heat Gun is very helpful for DIY Craft Embossing, Drying Paint, Shrink Wrapping PVC, Rubber Stamp, Clay and so on.
This heat gun comes with some of the best features which are described below –
- Long Cable for flexible use – One of the best features of this heat gun is its long length. With a length of 6.56FT, this heat gun is very much user-friendly and takes care of all of your needs. So even if your project needs to be done outside you do not have to worry about the short length.
- Multi-purpose heat gun – This heat crafting gun can be used for a number of works like embossed powder, heating shrinkable film, rubber stamp and so on.
- Voltage and Cooling Holes – This crafting gun comes with a 110V Voltage where the temperature of the nozzle can reach up to 200° in seconds. The heat vents of the heat gun are known to decrease the internal high temperature of the gun thus increasing its durability and life span.
- Easy to use – Homidic crafting heat gun is a lightweight tool with just 11.2 ounces of weight. It has dimensions of 10.4 x 3.4 x 2.1 inches. Such characteristics of the gun make it user-friendly and can be used for long hours without the worry of fatigue.
- Easy to use and lightweight heat gun.
- It comes with a single temperature touch and is stable, simple and precise.
- This heat gun comes with an in-Built stand for self-support and tabletop use.
- One drawback of this heat gun is that it cannot offer more than 10 minutes of continuous operation.
One of the best Heat Guns for Crafts is the Chandler Mini Dual Temp Hot Air Gun Tool that can be used for Vinyl Wrap, Epoxy Resin, Embossing, Shrink Wrapping, DIY, Electronics, Sublimation, Candle Making, Phone Repair, and so on.
- Heat and Speed Settings – One of the most peculiar features of the Chandler tool crafts DIY heat gun is that it combines a low speed or heat setting for detailed or delicate projects and a high speed or heat setting for high volume or heavy-duty projects. It meets the requirements of both extremities.
- Ergonomic, Easy to Use – Due to its lightweight nature, this heat gun is very easy to work with. Apart from that, it comes in a very compact package, unlike most heavy-duty type guns. It also makes low noise thus minimizing fatigue even through the longest of projects.
- UL-Certified – It is very crucial that when you are buying a certain tool like a heat gun, you have to be very careful about its quality. This is something that you cannot take for granted. Your safety should be the first priority. With this gun being UL-Certified, one can trust it.
- Multipurpose tool – This heat gun can help you with a number of things like EVA foam, HTV, acrylic, cell phone repair, tablet repair, screen repair, automotive, electronics, soy, embossing powders, vinyl wrap, epoxy resin, shrink film, shrink wrapping, shrink tubing, transfers, shrink tube connectors, decals, wine bottle shrink capsules, jewelry making, wire connectors, butt connectors, soldering, wax, beeswax, candle making, it is ideal for crafts as well.
- Dual Temp heat gun providing a minimum of 200 degrees celsius temperature.
- This is a lightweight composition heat gun.
- This heat gun comes with a tip on it which allows the user to heat the application needed.
- It comes in a small size yet is very versatile and can perform a good number of tasks.
- This heat gun constitutes lead which, in the long term, can increase the risk of cancer.
The next one on our list of the 6 best heat guns for crafting is the Mlife Mini Heat Gun which comes with a power of 300 Watt and Dual-Temperature features. This heat gun also comprises of a 6.5FT Power Cord that can be used for DIY, Embossing, Acrylic Resin Cups, Paint Drying, Tumblers, Crafts, Shrink Wrapping, Electronics DIY and a lot more.
- Well-designed – This heat gun is designed in a way that can meet the delicate needs of resin projects as well as help you with some heavy-duty projects. It comes with a retractable bracket for a hands-free operation that can be helpful for cup acrylic making. The design of the gun is such that it is comfortable for the user to use it. It also has a 6.5ft-length power cord that can offer flexible working.
- UL-safety certified – Safety always comes first and especially in the case of a heat gun. You have to make sure that the heat gun you are buying is UL-certified. This is one of the UL-safety certified heat guns that you can rely on.
- Dual Heat/Speed Setting – This heat gun comes with two options of speed or heat settings of temperature – 200℃ or 300℃.
- Versatile tool – You can use this heat gun for crafting, embossing projects, epoxy resin, heating shrinkable film, rubber stamp, embossed powder, and a lot more.
- The Mlife 300 Watt heat gun comes with a dual temperature setting that can help in improving performance.
- It also has a nozzle that can give you great results when used and conveniently.
- This Mlife heat gun is made for single-hand use and is ideal for professional work. With the help of this tool, one will be able to carry out numerous repair activities.
- One can find various ways to use this tool in the application that involves epoxy resin, embossed powder, Compressed Film, Rumer Stump, and so on.
- This heat gun for crafting cannot offer high speed and is not ideal for activities like running for a long period of time.
This is one of the best heat guns that comes with a 1500W and Dual-Temperature 5 Nozzles that can offer a heat of 122ᵒF-1022ᵒF. Using this heat gun, one can get heating in Seconds for various projects like DIY, Shrink PVC, Tubing, Wrapping, Crafts, Stripping Paint, and so on.
- Amazing versatility – With this tool, one gets 10 different types of accessories that include – 1 paint shovel, 5 nozzles, 4 paint shovel attachments. Such a diverse kit can help you work with different types of projects like epoxy resin, shrink wrapping, cell phone repairs, shrink tubing, vinyl wrap, thawing pipes, electronics repair, crafts, paint removal, and more.
- Free hands operation – The structure and design of this heat gun for crafting is such that allows a hands free operation to the user this improving the user experience as well as the performance.
- Great Precision – This heat gun comes with 4 different types of nozzles which offer precision in the end results of using the heat gun.
- Temperature range – This heat gun can go up to the temperatures from 300℃ to 550℃ without any issues. It also has a dual temperature control feature which can help the user in both light and heavy duty works. It becomes easy to control this heat gun.
- This heat gun comes with dual temperature control settings that allow the user to use this heat gun for both light and heavy duty projects.
- This heat gun for crafting kit includes 10 accessories that involve 4 different types of nozzles for a better precision and accuracy along with enhanced performance.
- The heat gun is lightweight and supports hands free operation.
- Ideal for heat in light duty projects but not may be the best for heavy duty works.
ENERTWIST 1500W Heat Gun is one of the best Variable Temperature Control Hot Air Tool Kit Heating Protect for Shrink Wrapping, Paint Removal, Wiring, Tubing, Crafts, Vinyl Wrap, Automotive, Electronics Repair and so on.
- Variable temperature settings – EnerTwist heat gun comes with adjustable temperature settings with 9-Temp control by dialing the rear cover and 3Fan speed features with high, low, cool off 4 modes switch and a lot more.
- Powerful tool – This heavy duty heat gun comes with a 12.5 Amp motor which heats up to a maximum temperature of 932℉(500℃) in no time.
- Versatile tool – One of the best features of this crafting heat gun is its versatility. This heat gun comes with a lot of accessories like 4 Nozzle deflectors & 5 paint scrapers. This offers a lot flexibility in the tool which can be used for various tasks like shrink wrapping, welding plastics, solering/ de-soldering, loosening seized bolts & nuts.
- Safe and Easy to use – This heat gun comes with a non-slip soft grip. The weight of the gun balances the design for an easy use. It gives the user an integrated hands free operation support. It also has an in-built overload protection which prevents the electric heat gun from over heating.
- This heat gun is one of the best of heat guns that comes with 9 layers temperature setting.
- It has 5 external kits that offer great versatility for different tools.
- It also has 4 nozzles which enhance the performance of the heat gun.
- Due to its versatility, one can use this heat gun for different indoor as well as outdoor projects.
- The temperature control dial might not be as accurate.
Can a heat gun start a fire?
Heat guns are safer than open flames. However, they can still cause materials that are highly flammable to burn.
What type of feature makes a heat gun best for indoor work?
Generally, indoor projects do not require a lot of power. So you can go ahead with a heat gun having a moderate power level rather than high power. Talking of the temperature range, a temp of around 300℃ will suffice. Also, a crafter’s companion heat gun should offer both precision and versatility.
What is a craft heat gun used for?
A craft heat gun is typically used as a hot air blower that can be used for multiple purposes for craftsmen, professional projects, DIY artists, and so on.
That was it all about the 6 Best Heat Gun For Crafting with Review & Buying Guide 2022. The above mentioned were the best crafting heat guns out there with a detailed review of them and a buying guide to help you out. You can select any of the heat gun according to your convenience and needs.
Stay tuned with us for more such helpful posts!